Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Decade Apart



While we were listening to friends perform at a local restaurant,

Amy lifted her head and looked directly into my eyes and said:




"When I grow up, I want to be YOU!"

Just a few weeks ago, I'd written this poem in her honor

Sista walked 'long side me as I wrote of days gone by. Writing, dictating to volunteers who listened and typed for my slow hands. Editing, starting over now and then........ Dictating, more editing And then..........

"Keep writing, it's BRILLIANT"
Was her encouragement one day
 Holding the first pages in a black binder Waving it overhead. So I did keep writing, and dictating, to volunteers who typed as I told
Episodes of my life's journey through the years.
Editing, rewriting, more dictating More editing Until.....surprisingly I thought

This is a book!

No comments :

Post a Comment