Friday, May 25, 2012

Trying Something New

During the last 6 months, I have had to face the fact that my days of walking on the   treadmill are over.  Five years after having a total hip replacement, I just can no longer take the pounding on that surface.   Although I continue to exercise in the swimming pool, I wanted to do something that required standing, was outdoors and would take some considerable effort.  GOLF!  That's it.  I'll try to learn how to golf.
This afternoon, I had my first golf lesson at the Penn State University!  It was so much FUN!!!  I actually did quite well on the "driving range" where one practices hitting golf balls.  A few of the golf balls went 10-12 feet and my instructor said that he was very impressed!  It felt good to work up a sweat and I'm looking forward to my next lesson

No comments :

Post a Comment