Thursday, May 17, 2012

Having FUN

Far too often,  the conversations about people with disabilities have a "treatment" oriented focus.  I count myself as some one who does this more than I prefer.  In reality, my life continues to include such activities as in the photo below.  Skiing at the Center for Disabled Sports in Winter Park, Colorado was less than a year after having a total hip replacement!  A friend invited me to go on a ski weekend.  We thought I would watch from the lodge.  Little did we know that I would spend 3 hours on the slopes!

1 comment :

  1. Hey, you are so right.
    I follow you now.
    I am the author of the Talon series. It's about a handicapped girl, her rejection, her hope, her inspiration, her love, her courage, but again her adventure.
    My books are available at amazon.com
    If you like to follow me on my blog please go folloow me there.
    http://maticatalon.blogspot.com.au/

    If you are interested here is the link to amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Gigi-Sedlmayer/e/B003U8G4WC/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

    Hava a wonderful day
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete