Sunday, April 8, 2012

Only You Can Decide

I have learned that, with all the dedicated professionals who work with us through out our lives, it is  essentially our decision as to what we are capable of and what we will do with our lives.  Whether your challenge is a diagnosed medical condition, a broken heart, or an  abusive pattern of behavior that haunts you, only you can decide whether or not it will ultimately define your life.

When I had written four chapters of my memoirs, I said to myself,  "This is going to be a book!"  A Penn State Student  in advertising said that she would volunteer to help me raise money for my project.  "After all you are actually providing a service of education and inspiration", she said.  So, on a HOT Saturday in July we held a bake sale.  Friends volunteered baked goods, time and money to help pay for whatever I needed to keep me living independently so I would be able to continue writing.  I hope this inspires you to GO FOR what you most desire.  Invite your community to be involved and chances are, enough people will want to help.

No comments :

Post a Comment